Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hawaii Vacation pt 1

So, can I just say Hawaii is amazing. I am sure it has faults but I am not concerned because they are overshadowed by its AWESOMENESS! The view when I go outside is amazing. Wow! People get to live here year round. I mean they live by the ocean. I pay a fortune to come visit it. So, today I saw this cool Buddhist temple (Byodo Temple in the valley of the temples Memorial Park) that was modeled after a really famous temple in Uji, Japan (The Magnificent Byodo-in Temple). It is a full scale replica and was constructed with NO NAILS. Funny thing was the only place I haven't seen over-run with Japanese tourists was the Japanese temple. I saw a big beautiful Buddhist statue. I also went to a botanical garden. There were tons of plants I couldn't identify and the sign said some were poison. Then I got sick. I am not sure if there is a correlation. That was not so fun but the other part was cool. Yesterday I went to the beach, drove the scenic route and did the tourist thing with loads of photos and ate at a really great hamburger joint. One of the BEST burgers I have ever had. I tried to snorkel but it was closed on Tuesdays. Tomorrow I am looking forward to a hike with a happy waterfall ending and a lookout over a palace with a beautiful beach ending. I wouldn't mind topping the day off with an umbrella drink. A girl can always dream right? Also, I am really looking forward to this weekend. I get to swim with sharks and go to a Luau and parasail. YEAH!!!!! I am also looking forward to next week Iolani (sp??) palace, Polynesian Cultural Center, Pearl Harbor, and a Hawaiin massage. Of course, I might do some other activities but those are ones I am particularly interested in. Mostly, I just love the weather and the view. It has been a bit rainy but it clears up very quickly. It is very different from Korea in that aspect. Korea rains seem to last for days but Hawaii no way. By the time you roll up your windows the rain has stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment